Vãmuse C (Virtual Museum e-Commerce)
The Virtual Museum E-Commerce system (Vãmuse C) has been upgraded from the existing virtual museum system (muziummaya.terengganu.com.my). The system aims to design and develop virtual museum applications, considering the context dimensions through ethnographic research methods to reinforce the bilingualized mobile device interface design of Malay and English. This project also develops a transaction feature for the display of artefacts stored in the repository. The goal is to generate revenue and, at the same time to instill an appreciation for preserving digital collections.
INSPIRATION OF THE INVENTION
The Sarawak virtual museum app focuses on panoramic exploration, while the virtual museum of Melaka is developed in a fully immersive environment. Virtual museums from overseas, such as NMAI and The Virtual Smithsonian, use image-based models.
PROBLEM STATEMENT & CURRENT ISSUES
The existing virtual museum system project shown that:
- Presentation of information on the mobile device cannot be effectively viewed and challenging to navigate.
- The system only available in the Malay language.
- The display of artefacts only consists of 10-20% of the entire collection.
INVENTIVENESS & NOVELTY
- 360 Manipulation of 3D Object
- Panoramic Virtual Reality
- Responsive Interface Design
- Dual Language (Malay, English
USEFULNESS & APPLICATION
- It benefits students, educators and the general public interested in learning and recognizing cultural heritage through ICT capabilities.
- Assist cultural heritage professionals (museum management and equivalent organization) in preserving and conserving digital cultural heritage on mobile.
IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT
The impact of research results on UKM is to be able to collaborate with other institutions and at the same time be able to serve the community. It can educate the younger generation and the eyes of the world to know and appreciate culture by introducing Malaysia’s cultural heritage and treasures through online access. In addition, artefacts can also be preserved for long periods with digitization. This research also indirectly applies the latest technology in virtual museums and future museums, which are an important agenda in the country’s grand challenges.
- National Museum/State Museum
- Malaysia National Libraries
- Potential industry/ company to apply virtual museum
TRL : 7
Project Leader : Prof Madya Dr Tengku Siti Meriam binti Tengku Wook
Co-Researcher : Prof Dr Nor Azan Mat Zin, Prof Madya Dr Noraidah Sahari @ Ashaari, Dr Siti Fadzilah Mat Noor, Dr Hazura Mohamed, Dr Noorazean Mohd Ali, Dr Rodziah Latih
Dept./Fac./Inst : Faculty of Information Science and Technology
Expertise : Multimedia Application, Interaction Design & Usability, Virtual & Augmented Reality
WESIHAT2.0 is a senior friendly web-based health information system for educating older adults of lifestyle approaches for reducing risk of cognitive impairment. WESIHAT2.0 consists of four main modules such as Screening tools to detect cognitive (TUA-WELLNESS), 10 guidelines for memory enhancement, Health diary and Healthy menu guideline.
iDietScoreTM is a sports nutrition mobile app that provide virtual
individualized meal plan based on athletes and active individuals profile, includes energy and macronutrients requirement, sports category, different age groups, training cycles, training time and individual food preferences.